Up to £35k DOE – London, EC2V
A truly unique role of Volunteer Manager / Volunteer Coordinator / Talent Manager is needed for a charitable organisation based in London. This diverse management role is focussed on volunteer engagement and deployment for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths school engagement activities across the UK.
This leading charity is largely dependent on a vast volunteer programme of students, academics and industry professionals who are advocates and passionate about engaging with the next generation, making Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths an exciting, interesting and fulfilling pathway for students to consider as they make their educational and career choices.
The Volunteer Manager / Volunteer Coordinator / Talent Manager will provide strategy and project management for all volunteer activities across a number of school engagement activities. On a day-to-day basis the Volunteer Manager can expect to manage all aspects of the volunteer programme including producing and updating volunteer agreements policies, managing the programme budget, nurturing partner relationships (educational and professional institutions), managing all volunteer communications (i.e. writing content for toolkits, newsletters, websites and social media platforms).
In short, the absolute focus for the role is to manage, coordinate, look after and value the volunteers themselves, making sure they are engaged at every stage of event planning.
To qualify… Whether you call yourself a Volunteer Manager / Volunteer Coordinator / Talent Manager / Community Talent Coordinator / Recruitment Community Manager / Talent Attraction Specialist or similar, we don’t mind, you just need to be able to demonstrate:
- A superb knowledge and passion for the volunteer sector;
- Exceptional people management skills and the ability to manage large teams of volunteers as well as manage stakeholder relationships;
- A background in charity / education / volunteering / STEM learning or similar;
- You are highly literate, numerate and professional with excellent communications skills including the ability to provide content / copywriting / editorial pieces as required;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to adapt communication style to different audiences;
- You are educated to a degree level with a good understanding of academic institutions;
- The ability to work well under pressure and in the face of changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- You are able to think on your feet and make quick focussed decisions;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to juggle priorities and deliver to deadlines;
- Proven experience of handling confidential information with discretion and integrity;
- The ability to travel within the UK and stay away from home at events as and when required.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will get to work with one of the largest STEM focussed educational fairs in the UK you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match.