At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
£60 – 70k DOE + Excellent Benefits – Bristol, BS1
A Technical Architect / Tech Lead (.NET) is needed to join a rapidly growing software company that specialises in the food supply chain. Working either from their urban hub in Bristol or their Head Office in Ross-on-Wye, expect a wide-ranging senior role which will see you discover and document technical requirements for leading projects whilst uncovering and mitigating technical risk.
With an international presence (UK, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and Kenya) and an enviable client list that boasts leading global retailers and brand holders this pioneering software provider leads the way in web based quality assurance and supply chain software. They now have a rare opportunity for a Technical Architect / Tech Lead (.NET) to provide hands-on technical leadership for a talented development team.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will validate and check technical delivery to ensure the architecture and relevant standards for the project have been followed. Utilising your expert technical knowledge and superb communication skills you will define the technical vision, write detailed specifications, design physical infrastructures, create basic project plans, identify risk, ensure correct implementation, perform advanced testing, act as a trusted adviser to colleagues and clients and anything else necessary to translate technical concepts into business benefits. This is a pivotal role that will see you lead experienced teams within challenging environments whilst embracing new tech / approaches.
To qualify… Whether you call yourself a Technical Architect / Tech Lead / Technical Project Director / Development Director or similar, we don’t mind, your CV just needs to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in developing and architecting web applications using the .NET framework;
- Experience of team management or team leadership;
- Practical knowledge and experience of best practices and standards for .NET development;
- Knowledge of browser agent capabilities including web browsers, mobile browsers and other devices;
- Experience in developing and designing distributed, transactional systems for the web;
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD);
- Experience in documenting designs using UML;
- Experience in data design using industry standard methodologies;
- Experience in creating technical specifications to a high standard including documenting functional requirements;
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (especially Scrum);
- The ability to break down technical projects into discrete tasks, provide estimates and assist in the creation of a roadmap plan;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- You will hold a relevant Microsoft certification such as MCP, MCAD, MCSD or MCPD.
Any experience of architecture of enterprise and web content management products is desirable as is any experience of architecture of Rich Internet Applications.
In return, the Technical Architect / Tech Lead (.NET) will be joining a friendly team who are passionate about the services they offer. You can expect a challenging yet rewarding environment, career progression, continuous development, 25 days holiday plus holiday flex scheme, life assurance, childcare vouchers, flexible working plus much more.