At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
£30 – 35k DOE + Benefits – London, SW1X
- Acting as the central focus for research efforts;
- Leveraging proprietary databases and other information online;
- Seeking out new and varied data sources;
- Identifying, extracting, cleaning and cataloguing datasets;
- Creating research guides and other training materials;
- Supporting project teams / partners to find critical information;
- Managing data licences.
- Experience in a similar research / data role within in a business research department or business library / professional services firm undertaking a research role, or similar;
- The ability to undertake targeted research tasks across a broad range of potential sources;
- A familiarity with a range of online business research databases, e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson One, Cap IQ, Orbis, Profound, Oxford Economics, Mergermarket and Factiva;
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (accuracy, attention to detail, verbal and written communications);
- A 2:1 or above in a relevant subject – ideally in a subject requiring extensive research and/or data analysis and/or management of data;
- An interest in supporting and upskilling staff to undertake their own research;
- Intellectual curiosity to continually look for and curate innovative new datasets;
- A passion for discovering commercial insight through application of research methodologies to complex problems;
- An interest in developing new data assets through manipulating and transforming existing datasets (e.g. Excel, SQL, Alteryx).