At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
£Competitive + Excellent benefits – Greater Manchester, M1
The institution’s 8 colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry. They offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Their professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, music production, music business, music journalism and event management. Due to their continuous success they are now seeking a College Principal to join their team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the College Principal will lead all staff through agreed management structures, including Education, Estates, Student Support and Career and Industry Team. Whether you are supporting the Executives and Senior Management team in the development and implementation of the College’s academic, strategic and operational policies; ensuring that the highest standards are met in respect of student punctuality, attendance and engagement or developing and delivering regular staff training and development for all staff, it will be down to the College Principal to ensure the college grows to its full potential.
To qualify… You should be a College Principal / Headteacher / Deputy Headteacher or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Previous experience in a management role within education;
- A Strong commercial understanding with previous business development experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Further and Higher Educational as well as a strong understanding of the music industry are essential;
- Ability to understand and deal with creative professionals within the context of the music industry and education;
- Ability to lead, develop and coordinate a team of full and part time staff successfully;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure;
- Strong links within the creative industries;
- Strong computer literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity for a College Principal with a strong work ethic, looking to work for a leading music institution offering career progression and a great working environment.