At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
Up to £45k DOE Realistic OTE £TBS – Brighton, BN13
A knowledgeable and experienced Business Development Manager is needed to join an innovative container supplier, specialising in equipment for the oil and bitumen industries, based in Worthing, West Sussex.
Our client may be small in size, but they are huge in the world of shipping containers and are well respected by world leading oil and oil service companies.Working alongside the Managing Director, the Business Development Manager will gain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business and will have full responsibility for sales performance and harnessing marketing opportunities.
There will be some international travel, which will provide the Business Development Manager with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in dealing with building relationships with key senior stakeholders within the oil industry.
The Business Development Manager will primarily be identifying new business opportunities, researching the marketplace, potential clients and products, managing and nurturing both existing and new customer relationships, working with the senior team to develop strategic sales and marketing plans, focusing on website content to drive lead generation and develop the logistics side of the business. It will be your experience in a consultative B2B business development role where relationships are valued as highly as sales figures, that will ensure you become a trusted advisor to leading oil companies.
To qualify… You will be a Business Development Manager / Business Development Consultant / Sales Account Manager / Senior Sales Account Executive or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- You have strong experience in a similar business development or marketing role with a direct responsibility for increasing revenue;
- Experience in an industry requiring technical comprehension and in depth product knowledge;
- Willingness to tackle problems with positive solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A sound understanding of marketing principles with experience running targeted campaigns via multiple mediums including social media;
- A history of high achievement in previous roles;
- Ability to take initiative as well as being able to work alone or in a small team with minimal supervision;
- Experience in the tank container logistic or oil industry is desirable.
In return the Business Development Manager will receive a competitive salary, bonus scheme rewarding both the company and personal performance, pension package, private health care, laptop and mobile phone.