£45 – 50k DOE + Benefits – Bristol, BS1
A Scrum Master is needed to join a rapidly growing software company that specialises in the food supply chain. Working from their urban hub based in the heart of Bristol, expect to act as the Agile champion, facilitating an increased understanding of agile philosophy and best practice across the organisation.
With an international presence (UK, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and Kenya) and an enviable client list that boasts Unilever, M & S, Aldi, Morrisons (to name a few) this pioneering software provider leads the way in web based quality assurance and supply chain software. They now have a rare opportunity for a Scrum Master to play a vital role supporting Product Owners and the Development team within an Agile environment.
Joining as the Scrum Master you will facilitate all elements of the scrum in order to ensure a motivated team and efficient and effective delivery of sprint content. On a day-to-day basis expect to act as the primary point of contact for Development Team members, support and work with Product Owners to help define sprint goals and groom backlog, help remove impediments, nurture teams through mentoring and coaching, promote continuous improvement, monitor resourcing levels, share best practice and anything else necessary to enable Development Teams to focus on building and delivering quality software. You will also have a pivotal role in the leadership of the Bristol office.
In short, you will have a knack for understanding what is possible when working with great Product Owners and Developers, you will have the opportunity to introduce tools, techniques and methods that optimise the performance of these individuals and help create an inspiring environment for them to thrive.
To qualify… You should be a Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- A track record of success working in an Agile environment, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of Agile;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Experience of Scrum Mastering in Agile development;
- The ability to collaborate successfully with developers, testers, architects and business representatives alike;
- You are effective at adapting methodologies to ensure efficiency and best fit with business drivers;
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and use of metrics;
- Experience of working to deadlines within a fast paced industry;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop relationships of trust;
- A track record of demonstrating facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and servant leadership skills.
In return, the Scrum Master will be joining a friendly team who are passionate about the services they offer. You can expect a challenging yet rewarding environment, career progression, continuous development, 25 days holiday, life assurance, childcare vouchers, flexible working plus much more.