At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
£Competitive + Benefits – Surrey, RH2
A Junior Java Developer / Junior Full Stack Developer is needed to join a renowned insurance group based in Reigate, Surrey. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career and learn new technologies whilst working on a variety of industry leading financial services projects.
Founded in 2000, this leading insurance and price comparison group employ more than 1600 people across three sites in the UK. Although well-established their culture is still akin to a lean and flat start-up with an approachable management team and great benefits. They are now seeking an enthusiastic Junior Java Developer / Junior Full Stack Developer to join their talented team.
Utilising technologies across the following tech stack: Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot Microservices, Junit, Cucumber, Weblogic, Oracle, Redis, Continuous Integration Pipelines, and Git, expect to grow and develop your skills working in a cross functional team that are responsible for designing, creating and supporting new technical products and services. Whilst some proficiency in Java and the above is preferred, your enthusiasm, coding style and how you approach development is more important.
To qualify…You should be a Junior Java Developer / Junior Full Stack Developer / Graduate Back End Developer / Java Developer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Some experience building server-side applications;
- Experience of database programming;
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Knowledge and experience of code quality practices such as continuous integration, unit testing and peer reviews;
- Some knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux;
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or Git;
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
With an inclusive culture, the Junior Java Developer / Junior Full Stack Developer can expect a superb working environment offering great benefits and a highly competitive salary. Get in touch…