At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.
£50 – 60k+ Excellent Bonus + Car Allowance – North Yorkshire, YO10
A Business Development Director / International Sales Manager is needed to join a high growth education technology company based in York. Expect an all-encompassing role driving sales to global retail clients.
Specialising in educational robotics and software products this innovative firm deliver ground-breaking integrated learning, smart toys and online teaching resources. Due to continued success they are now seeking a Business Development Manager / International Sales Manager to lead their cutting edge technology products into new retail markets.
Joining as the Business Development Director / International Sales Manager you will utilise your retail sales experience to acquire retail / distribution clients across global markets. Whether you are running mailshots / eshots; conducting webinars; attending tradeshows (domestically and internationally); following up sales activity; identifying sales strategies; pitching to prospective distributors / retail clients; researching potential leads; formulating proposals and presentations or delivering a monthly report on all sales activity / pipeline it will be your ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in that delivers outstanding results.
To qualify… You should be a Business Development Director / International Sales Director / New Business Manager / Sales Director or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar International Sales / Business Development role;
- You are a self-starter: who is socially adept, confident with larger groups as well as one to one encounters;
- You are well connected in both distribution and retail markets with evidence of relationships with both buyers and market specialists;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- The ability to build and manage a team;
- Knowledge of cutting edge technology products;
- The ability to bring ideas to life whilst getting all parties on board;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to solve tough problems quickly;
- A willingness to travel.
Working in a fast-paced, buzzing environment, the Business Development Director / International Sales Manager will be someone who can take the initiative and get the job done. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a close knit company where you can expect excellent potential for growth, commission plus quarterly and annual bonuses, car allowance, phone, share options and more.